Destiny 2 Wayfinder’s Compass Guide: How it Works, What to Upgrade Destiny 2 Wayfinder’s Compass Guide: How it Works, What to Upgrade Destiny 2 Wayfinder’s Compass Guide: How it Works, What to Upgrade Destiny 2 Wayfinder’s Compass Guide: How it Works, What to Upgrade
To make sure you stay on the bright side, we’ve created a guide to help you maximize your time in Destiny 2 with Wayfinders. If you haven’t started playing yet, you need to know how it works, and what you should upgrade first. There’s also a complete list of all the weapons and gear we’ve found in the game, and how to get them.
For Destiny 2 Season of the Lost, the Wayfinder’s Compass is a seasonal artifact and prize source. It serves the same mechanical function as the Splicer Glove and the Proving Hammer from prior seasons, allowing mobility and mapmaking across dimensions.
The Compass is a mix of the Proving Hammer’s time-gated reputation and the Splicer Glove’s farmable upgrades for Year 4 veterans. We’ll go over everything you need to know if you’re new to Season of the Lost.
It’s important to note that we’re talking about the seasonal reward system, not the Artifact.
The Compass of the Wayfinder is an introduction to the Compass of the Wayfinder.
The Compass is given to you at the conclusion of the season’s opening tasks. It’s in the Awoken wing of the H.E.L.M., on the right side of the area. You won’t be able to unlock anything at first. You’ll have to advance through the narrative before you can start the Shattered Realm quest, which may also be started via the H.E.L.M.
You’ll have enough Parralax Trajectory after one Shattered Realm run to activate the Barrier Breach ability inside the Realm. If you have the reputation to activate them, this also unlocks the remainder of the green, initial row of abilities. If you need more of the money, go to our Parralax Trajectory farming guide, which is mentioned above.
This is when things become a little difficult. Your reputation is time-limited, much like Season of the Chosen. To put it another way, you can only get a certain quantity of it each week via Seasonal Challenges. By completing the following tasks within the first week of said challenges, you may get reputation Rank 4:
- The Voyage of the Wayfinder I
- Rumors about the Ley Line
- Ascendant Ballast is a term used to describe a kind of ballast
If Season of the Lost follows past seasons’ reasoning, Week 2’s challenges will unlock the remainder of the first row of improvements, after which we’ll repeat the procedure for the second and third rows in the Compass menu. In other words, until Week 6 of the season, we won’t have access to all of the Compass improvements.
How Does the Compass of the Wayfinder Work?
To access each cell in the Compass menu, you’ll need Parralax Trajectory:
- The first column is worth 150 points.
- For the remaining columns, use 400 or 600 words.
The last column seems to contain more time-gate requirements: the only one visible currently needs us to be at Wayfinder Voyage level 27, and we were only at step 6 during Week 1 of the season.
The Compass menu’s first column alters how we interact with the Shattered Realm.
- The green upgrade Barrier Breach enables us to pass past the level’s numerous purple obstacles.
- The blue upgrade, True Sight, will uncover hidden mysteries and platforms.
- Safe Passage eliminates the sluggish effect from the Fields of Strive, but it is likely that foes’ strength and deadliness grow throughout the Shattered Realm.
What the Wayfinder’s Compass Can Teach You
Week 1 only gives you access to the Astral Efficiency and Astral Abundance improvements, but because to the abundance of Parralax Trajectory, you may safely unlock both of them immediately. If you’re coming in later in the season, here’s how to get the green improvements in the right sequence.
- Astral Harvester: This upgrade provides a direct boost to Parralax Trajectory gains from playlist activities, ensuring you never run out of seasonal money. To recap, you utilize the item to concentrate Umbral Engrams, open the extra chest in Astral Alignment, and get access to new skills at the Compass.
- Astral Abundance: In the Astral Alignment action, the cost of the Wayfinder’s Trove bonus chest is reduced by a flat amount. When combined with the Harvester ability, you’ll have no difficulty accumulating both treasure and money.
- Opportune Arms: Though Heavy ammunition is plentiful and drops regularly in other activities, Opportune Arms ensures that every Champion opponent you kill in the Shattered Realm drops a Heavy brick. This ability harkens back to the original Destiny 2, when strong foes fell heavily for reasons that are too embarrassing to discuss here.
- After breaking a barrier, Phase Breach makes you invisible for a short period, which is likely to come in useful in more enemy-dense barrier-guarded rooms. It will be critical after we unlock Safe Passage, since the Shattered Realm activities will most likely become much more hazardous, and a few minutes to breathe would be greatly appreciated.
- If the Shattered Realm is as large as it seems, we’ll need the additional barrier break and invisibility time to reach all of the hidden prizes.
- Astral Efficiency: This reduces the cost of Compass bounty that may be repeated. 3,000 is a lot of money, but if you want to grind levels indefinitely, repeatables are the way to go, since you can buy as many as you want.
For the time being, that’s all there is to the Wayfinder’s Compass. When additional powers become available later in the season, we’ll update this page. In the meanwhile, check out our other Destiny 2 Season of the Lost guides.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to upgrade Wayfinder Compass?
You can upgrade your Wayfinder Compass by using the following steps: 1. Open up the Wayfinder app on your phone 2. Tap on Settings 3. Tap on Upgrade 4. Follow the prompts to complete the upgrade process
Where is the Wayfinders Compass?
The Wayfinders Compass is a feature that allows players to find their way back to the start of the game. It can be found in the main menu, under Options.
How to get Parallax Trajectory?
You can get Parallax Trajectory by playing the game on a higher difficulty.